Saturday, October 25, 2014

YMCA Cross-Country 5K masters division

Race: Greensburg YMCA Cross-Country Meet 5K Master's Division
Date: October 25, 2014
Location: Greensburg Salem High School
Time: 25:11
Overall Rank: 1 out of 2
Age Group Rank: 1 out of 1
Results: http:

First run in about 14 days. I'd say I did excellent. The course was a mix of woods and flat grass and even some pavement, with scattered hilly spots. I was running with Shannan; we were the only two participants in the 5K! We started with the 4K heat of 13-14 year olds who looked at us like "what are you old people doing here?!" All of the kids rapidly got out ahead of me, but one girl was slowing way down and I could have caught up with by the 4K mark. I still had another kilometer to go, though, so I conserved energy and let her lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment