Sunday, October 5, 2014

Mario Lemieux Foundation 6.6K

Race: Mario Lemieux Foundation 6.6K
Date: October 5, 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Time: 34:34
Overall Rank: X out of XX
Age Group Rank: 56 out of 213
Results: http:

I did the Mario Lemieux Foundation 6.6K run this morning, along with 4,000 other people. I finished in 34:34 at a pace of 8:26 min/mile. This ranked me in the top 26% of my gender age group (56 out of 213). This is not a bad result for me but I am surprised on a couple levels why I was not faster. First, it was only 2 weeks ago that I did my half-ironman so I should still be in great condition. Second, I have run two 5K races this summer where I dropped below an 8:00 min/mile pace. It may be that I kept such a pace today until the last mile when I may have slowed. I pushed very hard for the first 2 miles of the race. Then I felt hungry. At mile 3 I lost some concentration. I did, however, remember to "hoot" in the long tunnel we ran through; as a tradition, I do that for every tunnel I enter when running or on my bike. Within view of the finishline I was not feeling well at all. Once over the line, I steered over to the side, just in case I was going to vomit. Thankfully I didn't, but it would not have been out of place to have done so. The nauseated feeling was a sign that I pushed myself as hard as I could and I am happy to have done so. My triathlon season may be over but I've still got a competitive spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment