Sunday, October 9, 2011

AMYMSA Swim Meet

Race: AMYMSA (scy)
Date: October 11, 2011
Location: Jamestown, NY
No photos

Master's Swim Meet. I did a 300-yard warmup and then participated in the following events:

A) 100 IM = 1:33.25 (this was rather disasterous, as my goggles fell off, my turn between backstroke and breaststroke was lousy, and then I got so out of synch that I had to stop in the middle of breaststroke and catch my breath.) Given all these issues, I am amazed that my final time was only 5 seconds off my personal best, so I look forward to pulverizing my personal best later in the season. Age Group Rank: 5 out of 5

B) 50 Butterfly = 0:38.42. I beat my seed time of 39 seconds so I'm happy with this. I know I can go faster, though. I was simply being cautious after the problems I had with the IM earlier in the day.
Age Group Rank: 3 out of 3

C) 25 Freestyle = 0:14.12. I beat my personal best of 15.31 from earlier in the year, so this is awesome. My extra speed probably came from a new technique my coach showed me a couple months ago.
Age Group Rank: 2 out of 2

D) 200 freestyle = 2:57.00. I kicked butt. Perviously my personal best was 3:12.15, so I have improved a whopping 15 seconds since 1/9/2011. People actually clapped for me. I'm not even sure why; I wasn't the fastest swimmer in the event, but I was the fastest of my heat...by a lot.
Age Group Rank: 2 out of 2

No comments:

Post a Comment