Sunday, October 15, 2017

Penguins 6.6k

Race: Penguins 6.6k run
Date: October 15, 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Time: 33:40
Overall Rank: X out of XX
Age Group Rank: 38 out of 201
Results: http:

This went very well. I had an 8:13 min/mile pace, which is pretty fast for me, and it was faster than 81% of men in my age group. I ranked 38 out of 201. I have run this race twice before. In 2014, the most recent year, I finished in 34:34, so today I finished almost a minute faster. I am still in good shape, despite not having done a lot of workouts this year. Mile 1 was easy. By Mile 2, I had passed the 8:30 pace runner. I knew if I was staying ahead of her, it would be a good (enough) race for me. By Mile 3, I wanted the race to be over, but we were running what seemed like forever along the river and I knew the hardest part was still to come. The last mile was a lot of steady uphill, including the tunnel. When i was within sight of the finish line I started sprinting and it took a lot out of me. I pushed myself today and it was a struggle. Good thing I was rewarded with a good finish time!

No comments:

Post a Comment