Saturday, July 25, 2015

Turtle Trot

Race: 5K run
Date: July 25, 2015
Location: Turtle Creek, PA
Time: 23:56
Overall Rank: 41 out of 166
Age Group Rank: 3 out of 14
Results: http://www.runhigh.com/2015RESULTS/R072515BB.html

This is a PR for me. I have not had a faster 5K time on any race course. So, this was a great run! The Turtle Trot is full of fast runners so I started off faster than was comfortable. In the first mile, I was running next to someone who expected to finish in 22 minutes. At mile 1, I was running a 7:15 min/mile pace, and I knew this was not sustainable so I let myself slow down a little, but it was kind of too late--I had already spent too much energy and had trouble crossing the finish line without puking. I avoided such spectacle, but it was close.

No comments:

Post a Comment