Sunday, February 19, 2012

AMYMSA Swim Meet

Race: Masters Swim Meet (scy)
Date: February 19, 2012
Location: Cranberry, PA

Had another great swim meet yesterday. I did 4 events.

(1) 100-yard IM in 1:19.30. This broke my old record by 2 seconds. I attempted to do the fly-back turn the way my coach taught me, but i think I failed in that endeavor. So it wasn't pretty but what I did still worked. I came in 5th out of 6 in my gender-age group. That's actually an improvement--this may be the first time I ever beat someone in my group!

(2) 50-yard butterfly in 34.84 seconds. This again broke my old record by 2 seconds. A third-place win (out of 3). My friend Dan said I looked good but held my head up. I'll work on that.

(3) 25-yard freestyle in 13.91 seconds. I did not beat my personal best this time. I was off by two tenths of a second. A third place win (out of 3). This was despite the fact that I had just cut my toe and the bleeding had stopped only a minute before I climbed to the starting block. I thought maybe I'd have to scratch, but no one around me seemed to care that I was swimming with a bloody toe.

(4) My best race was my last. I swam the 200-yard freestyle in 2:38.86 (3rd out of 3). This beat my old record from October 2011 by 14 seconds. I destroyed the other swimmers in my heat. I finished so much before them that I wondered if I had counted laps wrong. When I was done I realized I wasn't even breathing hard. I could have swum harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment