Sunday, January 8, 2012

AMYMSA Swim Meet

Race: Masters Swim Meet (scy)
Date: January 8, 2012
Location: Grove City, PA

Event #1: 100-yard freestyle
Time: 1:09.28
Age Group Rank: 4 out of 4

Event #2: 50-yard freestyle
Time: 30.57 seconds
Age Group Rank: 4 out of 4

Event #3: 50-yard breaststroke
Time: 40.50 seconds
Age Group Rank: 3 out of 3

Event #4: 25-yard butterfly
Time: 15.55
Age Group Rank: 2 out of 2

I did a 450-yard warm-up then waited for my first event: 100-yard freestyle. I kicked butt. My second event was 50-yard freestyle and I again beat my personal best. And you know what? I could have gone faster. My third event was 50-yard breaststroke and I messed up to the point that I should have been disqualified but apparently the official didn't notice or care. Upon diving, I got a bit of water in one of my goggle's eye sockets and this distracted me enough that my first stroke in the water was butterfly instead of breaststroke. It took me a while then to figure out how to start breaststroke from a butterfly position but I made it work. I did breaststroke for the rest of the race but I didn't push myself. I wasn't even winded at the end. My teammates were laughing really hard when I got out of the water. Glad to be the source of some humor!
My last event was 25-yard butterfly and I beat my seed time by 0.2 seconds. It's hard to improve by much with such a short distance. It's all in the dive. All in all, a great day of competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment